Hallo from the German Academy!
Location: Saint Michael’s College
What the German Academy did today: During a hearty breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns, and pancakes students got to know each other and practiced their German skills! Then, they set out for STAMP Testing -- the exam that determines their academic placement within the academy. After a short break, students attended orientation sessions to learn about major rules and expectations, as well as tips for maximizing their learning here at MIL.
Tonight, the kids will take the Language Pledge® and commit to total immersion in German for the next four weeks. Many have already started to speak in-language to each other and to staff members! We are so excited to be a part of their learning and growth over the next month.
Check out our Instagram Stories tonight for clips of the Language Pledge® ceremony!
- 7:30 am—Breakfast
- 8:30 am — STAMP Test
- 11:00 am — Student Orientation - Maximizing Learning
- 12:00 pm — Lunch
- 12:45 pm—Student Orientation - Major Rules and Expectations
- 2:00 pm— Student Orientation - Communication Strategies
- 3:45 pm—Activities/Exercise/Free time
- 5:00 pm—Dinner & Free Time
- 7:00 pm — Language Pledge® Ceremony
- 9:00 pm — Snack and Lights Out
Check back on Wednesday to read more about the German Academy!